Garden Walk and Technology
Would you like an idea for creating a kinesthetic classroom assessment activity w/ technology?
- Students provided w/ poster paper and given assessment to complete and then hang up their poster (with a time limit). They are creating “their garden”
- Students are then told they are going to go on a “Garden Walk” to visit other gardens. They move as a group to the next poster (visit the garden) and add any additional information to this poster. (Again a time limit is provided)
- This continues until all “gardens have been visited”
- The group returns to their original poster “garden” and now view what other ideas or “plants” have been added to the garden.
- As a facilitator I can quickly add any other key concepts
- A member of the group uses their smart phone and captures a photo of the poster and then emails to all students through Blackboard
I used this process during class with students developing priority plans of care for a patient scenario they received. Here is an example of one of the posters they photographed and sent to their peers.