TED Talks!

TED Talks can be quite interesting! You can listen to them during your lunch time or even when you do work. There are a lot of things to learn from them from educational strategies to self-improvement strategies.

A recent one I just listened to was “Why I read a book a day (and why you should too): The Law of 33% | Tai Lopez |.

“Why I read a book a day (and why you should too): The Law of 33% | Tai Lopez |.”

I mainly read books for the classes I teach and books for enjoyment with my children, so I wanted to hear what he had to share about reading a book a day. I probably won’t read a book a day anytime soon, but I did learn some important life lessons from his talk. One thing is that mentors are important. This is a good idea for us, our children, and those we work with. Mentors can really help a person get ahead in life. Tai suggests spending 33% of your time with those who you know more than, so you can help them grow and you can feel good about knowing more than them. He suggests spending 33% of time with those who are at the same level as you — your peers. Then he suggests 33% of your time go to those who know more than you, so you can grow. It’s not a bad idea.

A quote he said that stuck with me is the following, “Everybody wants, but everybody is not will to toughen up (for a better life.”

“Everybody wants, but everybody is not willing to toughen up (for a better life).”

This quote resonated with me because it is so true. We need to work harder to get what we want. We want to get healthier, but we need to toughen up and cut the sugar and start exercising. Why don’t we walk instead of take the car? We need to toughen up and get out of our comfort zone to start making a positive difference in our life and in those we interact with. This pertains to how we teach as well. We need to try something new if we want a different result.

There’s a lot to learn from these TED talks and they can help you in many areas. If you haven’t watched these lately or have not ever watched them, I would recommend listening to this one or to one with a title that piques your interest because there’s always something to learn!