Bb – Retention Center

This past week I was having a conversation with one of the Bb gurus to inquire if there was some method to quickly identify whether a student(s) submitted assignments after the deadline and the number of late assignments as it potentially impacts their grade. I know in the Grade Center, assignments submitted beyond the deadline, would be tagged as ‘late’ but I wanted the a summary without having to manually track each individual student.

To my delight, I learned about the Retention Center!  The Retention Center provides a snapshot of students’ engagement and participation for a particular course in a visual manner. It helps to identify students at risk whether it is late assignments or general activity within the course. So instead of reviewing individual components in the Grade Center, Performance Dashboard, etc., I have the ability to see a summary of all activity.

I only started exploring the Retention Center tool but expect it will be quite beneficial.  Any tool (especially those that are easy to use!) that assists me in supporting student success is priceless.

Here are a couple of links to learn more about the Retention Center:

Using the Retention Center

Retention Center Guide