Due Date Banner

I have been finding a lot of ways to use the Snipping Tool lately.  If you click on the Start button on the bottom left corner of your computer screen and type snipping tool in the search box, you can access the tool or pin it to your taskbar, which I do for quick access.  The tool copies the image on your screen for the area that you want to capture.  You can save the image or just copy it into an e-mail or document.  For my online class I am starting to capture the week or two we are on from the course calendar, saving the image, and then making it the banner for the course.  So, when students enter the course they will see the due dates for that week or upcoming weeks.  To set a banner in Blackboard, once the image is saved with the snipping tool, you would click on Customization, then Teaching Style, and insert the image in the Select Banner section.  I hope my online students all look at the calendar on a normal basis along with keeping up with my reminder e-mails, but this is just another way they can visualize what they should be doing that week and make things a little clearer for them.  Below is an example of what it ends up looking like.

Due dates banner

2 thoughts on “Due Date Banner